Back in 1996 Primus launched the Himalaya MFS (Multi-Fuel Stove). With its patented design it was classed as the ultimate expedition stove for unlimited use year round. This stove was built to perform in the harshest conditions and to run on all fuel types, even those found in the remotest places. Next came the Himalaya Vari-Fuel, which was based on the same design as its predecessor, then there was OmniFuel – the most award-winning stove in the Primus range and more recently the OmniLite Ti.
We currently have an OmniLite Ti in for review, it is still based on the same technology as the OmniFuel and is constructed to handle demanding situations and environments. This stove is just as reliable and robust, but smaller, lighter and much more fuel-efficient. Its output has been adapted for the new generation of fuel-efficient pots with a heat exchanger. The windscreen and pot supports are made of titanium, making the stove very stable and light. OmniLite Ti works with gas, gasoline/petrol, diesel, kerosene/paraffin, and even aviation fuel. Using the separate control knob, you can adjust the flame to the heat you want, even if you are wearing gloves. The pack size is minimal and the stove is perfect for one or two eco-conscious people heading out on an adventure. Included with the stove is an ErgoPump™, a multi-tool with a cleaning needle, a foldable windscreen, a heat reflector, a 0.3l fuel bottle and a convenient and durable storage bag.
To honour this landmark we at My Outdoors are running a Photo Competition. What we are looking for is a picture of your Primus Multi Fuel stove in action. The older the stove the better and the more amazing a background/location could get you a fabulous prize.
The competition will run for the whole of June. All the entries will be judged by the My Outdoors and Primus team and a winner will be announced on the 11th July 2016.
The Primus Litech cooking set: A lightweight cooking set made of hard-anodized aluminium with a multilayer non-stick surface on the inside. This makes the surface extremely temperature-resistant and prevents the food from burning and sticking to the pan. The set consists of two pots: 1.7 and 2.1 litres, a lid and a separate pot gripper, that makes the handling when cooking easier. Comes in a practical net stuff sack.
The competition is open to UK and EU residents. If you are outside the area then we cannot guarantee you will receive the prize but it would be good to see your pictures of the multi fuel stoves from all over the world. The rest of the T&C’s are below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Republic of Ireland and the remainder of the EU.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted by via the means they entered the competition. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to My Outdoors, Primus and any associated company to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
7. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winner will be notified by the 11th July 2016.
9. One entrant shall win a Litech Cooking pot set worth £48, provided by Primus. The prize is subject to availability.
10. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
11. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
12. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
13. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.