“Unlike other brands, we’ve not simply selected a silicone strap from a catalogue and charged a vendor to mould our logo into it and laser etch the buckle. Our new selection of rubber straps, in striking colours, are totally unique to Elliot Brown and offer a rare level of detail and thought. It’s the rubber strap we’ve always wanted to make with a lovely local story that’s entirely in keeping with how we do things.”
- Made using EPDM which feels very natural to wear, isn’t sticky (unlike silicone), is hypo-allergenic and resistant to seawater and UV.
- The strap ends are moulded so they fit the watch cases perfectly.
- Strap ends are internally reinforced with custom moulded nylon inserts to prevent the strap-bar tearing through the rubber.
- The strap is tapered at the end so it’s not too wide on the wrist and gradual reduced thickness to make it as flexible and comfortable as possible.
- The overall length of the strap fits the average wrist diameter reducing the amount of excess strap sticking out.
- The upper edges of the strap are chamfered/smoothed off at 45 degrees from halfway up the shoulder of the watch all the way to the tip to make it easier to slide your watch under your cuff without it getting snagged.
- Inside the strap, instead of the usual ‘wiggly’ lines Elliot Brown re-designed a set of contour lines from Tyneham Cap (a hill near Kimmeridge – one of their favourite villages on the Isle of Purbeck) and moulded those into the strap, complete with the spot heights, to help the strap flex and stop water from being trapped next to skin.
- The buckle was designed and revised four times until it was just right. The specific curve enables the buckle to meet the strap perfectly when buckled up.
- The buckle is secured with a screw-in pin, not spring-bar, and the diameter of the strap around the pin has been increased to add strength.
- Strap colours: Black, Gunmetal Grey, White, Dark Blue, Olive Drab, Vintage Orange.
- Buckle options: Beadblasted Gunmetal Grey, Beadblasted Matt Black, Brushed 316L.
- Price: £50