All activities are available to book online now including cool extras such as paragliding, rafting, canyoning, and kayaking here.
Returning to Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland, from 14 to 17 September, the festival offers explorers from around the world the opportunity to scale walls, hike alpine routes, and run trails with the very best of The North Face athlete team, headed up this year by the legendary ultra runner, Rory Bosio.
Another epic addition comes in the form of the world premiere of the Hansjörg Auer Film - an emotive look at the life of the renowned alpinist and his impassioned journey from Austrian family farm-hand to renowned mountaineer – alongside a Q&A with Hansjörg himeslf. There will be a host of other incredible athlete expeditions brought to life through film and stories, including renowned Italian alpinist Simone Moro and his first live talk since his Kanchenjunga traverse attempt.
At the festival basecamp, adventurers can wind down from the day’s excurions with training sessions led by #NeverStopLondon, get tastebuds going with expedition cookery workshops with Katadyn, or capture the Eiger in its best light with photography courses run by the German Roamers.
A first for 2017 – The North Face are providing a fleet of buses from key cities across Europe – Milan, Zurich, Paris and Berlin – availale to book at a 50% discount for all festival ticket holders and NeverStop community members through the activity booking portal. A free bus service from Lauterbrunnen rail station to the festival is also available for festival-goers coming from further afield.
Tickets are still available to purchase for the three day festival from: www.thenorthface.com/innovation/discover/mountain-festival.html, priced at €249, including:
- Full festival activity schedule including trail running, hiking, and climbing
- Seminars and workshops including training, adventure photography and expedition cookery
- Breakfast on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, as well as dinner on Saturday evening, served in our geodesic banqueting hall
- All entertainment including big stage talks & film premieres, bands and DJs
- Camping spot and facilities: everything you need for an adventurous and comfortable weekend will be available onsite
You can follow @TheNorthFace on Facebook or Instagram, and @TheNorthFaceEU on Twitter for all the up to date news on the festival.