Berghaus has carefully thought through every detail, from access to the main compartment, to the size and position of the many pockets, and numerous other practical features. The pack is made from a combination of water resistant, PFC-free 200D ripstop nylon and 600D polyester. It has an adjustable back system that will carry a full and stable load in comfort, whether on a low level trail or on steep ground. Dual density foam in the arm straps and pre-curved hip belts distribute the load effectively during a hike, and have been combined with a hard board to protect the back. As well as a ‘unisex’ option, Berghaus has also developed the women’s Remote Hike 35, with a specific back system that is designed to fit the female form.
The extensive list of features on the Remote Hike 35 includes:
- Easy access to the main compartment at the rear of the top, with two side release buckles
- A large lid pocket with internal zipped pocket and key clip
- Access to the main bag via a quick access bivi system or a side entry zip
- A generous elasticated front stash pocket and two large side mesh pockets which both have easy to grip Hypalon rubber tabs
- Two stretchy zipped hip belt pockets for easy to reach essentials
- Side compression straps with release buckles so the pack can be adjusted to fit depending on how full it is
- Two walking pole holders
- Daisy chain lashing points for additional external storage.
The smaller unisex Remote Hike 25 has a fixed, breathable back system and is also loaded with plenty of features and storage options for long days on the hill. The men’s and women’s Remote Hike 35 weigh 1,020g and retail at £95 and the Remote Hike 25 weighs 814g and retails at £75. All will be available at www.berghaus.com and from selected specialist outdoor retailers.