Capable by nature, the Explore R will help you explore further for longer with superior durability and battery life. It is drop-tested, waterproof (including saltwater) and can cope with heat, cold and extreme temperature changes.
The Explore R has a Corning Gorilla glass 6 screen that works with wet fingers and gloves while the back of the phone delivers an anti-slip TPU surface that contains a weather-resistant fingerprint sensor and a quality dual pixel 12MP camera.
Peter Cunningham, VP Product Portfolio at Bullitt Group, the mobile licensee for Land Rover, said: “Every care has been taken to ensure the Explore R reflects the essence of the Land Rover brand and presents features so users can keep on exploring without worrying – no matter the environment.
“Equally as important, the Explore R offers a polished aesthetic so it fits in at home, at work or in the great outdoors.”
A stylish, modern design, the Explore R lacks the bulk traditionally associated with outdoor devices.
Joe Sinclair, Jaguar Land Rover Director of Branded Goods and Licensing, said: “The Explore R perfectly reflects our new Land Rover Defender, it’s a stylish but highly capable smartphone. Moreover, it’s a genuinely useful gadget with features to maximise any day, no matter what the occasion or destination.”
Key Specifications (outdoor):
- Powerful 3,100mAh battery optimised to 1.5+ days of battery life
- Top of the range durability – IP68 and MIL SPEC 810Hprotected; fully waterproof up to 1.5m for 35 minutes, dust/sand proof, plus repeated drop tests at 1.8M onto steel
- Bright 7” HD+, 18x 9 display, optimised for outdoor use and protected by Corning® Gorilla® glass 6
- can be controlled with gloves on or with wet fingers
- Night mode uses a red filter to reduce screen glare, preserving natural vision in low light and at night
- Premium grade, detailed off-road topographical mapping courtesy of Ordnance Survey (UK only) and ViewRanger
- An exclusive and customisable Outdoor Dashboard that quickly provides access to important information for your outdoor activity. Including weather information such as wind, tides, sea temperature and visibility plus quick access to important tools including the compass, SOS flashlight and altimeter.
Key Specifications (smartphone):
- Android 9 (with upgrade to 10)
- 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM, Expandable Storage (microSD™)
- Mediatek Helio P35 MT 6765 chipset, 2.3GHz octa-core processor
- Sony dual pixel 12MP rear camera, 8MP front camera
- Bright 7” HD+ , 18x 9 display, optimised for outdoor use
- 4G LTE Cat 6, VoLTE,VoWiFi, ViLTE
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- 5mm audio jack with waterproof connectors
- Dual Sim – Nano Sim and microSD™
- USB Type C
- 2-year full warranty
The Land Rover Explore R launches with an MSRP of £399/€449. It will be available to order from mid August in the Netherlands from Belsimpel and in the UK from Eurostar Global. It will also be on sale via www.landroverexplore.co.uk and selected retailers.