The new jacket is cleverly insulated with cutting edge PrimaLoft® Cross Core™ technology, which fuses high performance PrimaLoft® fibres with revolutionary temperature-blocking technology, Aerogel - a highly porous, lightweight structure originally developed by NASA scientists.
Silica aerogel is composed of more than 95% air and is the lightest solid material known to man and one of the most effective insulators. When Aerogel is fused with best-in-class PrimaLoft® Insulation fibres, the highest level of lightweight warmth, only previously achieved by down, is reached.
Rab uses a specific version of PrimaLoft® Insulation Cross Core™ with 74% post-consumer recycled material (plastic bottles) which has a distinctive accordionlike construction that enables unending loft and quick compression recovery for long-lasting, lightweight warmth.
Both Rab and PrimaLoft have decades of insulation expertise and the new Generator Alpine Jacket sits at the pinnacle of Rab’s latest winter synthetic insulation category. Offering climbers and mountaineers the highest performance at the lowest weight, Generator Alpine is made for gnarly winter conditions in the Scottish mountains or on the belay ledge. Highly compressible and weighing just 525g, the jacket takes up minimal space in rucksacks, ready to be worn when the weather changes to deal with the most exposed of belays.
Technical features of Generator Alpine Jacket
· Zoned insulation: PrimaLoft® Insulation Cross Core™ 133gsm on body and sleeves for ultimate warmth / 80gsm on hood for reduced bulk and better mobility
· 20D Pertex Quantum Pro with Diamond Fuse Technology which provides twice the abrasion resistance over fabric with conventional yarns
· 15D Atmos Inner
· Zoned fabrics: Pertex Quantum Pro water resistant technology throughout, with abrasion-resistant Pertex Diamond Fuse fabric in key areas
· Helmet compatible hood with 2-way adjustment and stiffened peak ensures a bespoke and weather protective fit
· Oversized cuffs with Velcro adjustment work to accommodate large gloves
· 2 internal stuff pockets for storing water bottles or de-icing gloves
· Sleeve articulation for better dexterity and comfort
· 2-way YKK Vision centre front zip with oversize puller for easy belay access with large gloves
· 2 YKK zipped welted hand pockets ensure increased weather protection
· Stuff Sack
Colourways: Aspen Green / Black